Tom Hanks is popping up all over Pittsburgh and surprising residents
(CNN) — You have to love Tom Hanks.
The Academy Award-winning actor is cementing his reputation as one of the nicest and most down to earth stars by reportedly making time for some residents in Pittsburgh.
According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Hanks is in town filming “A Man Called Otto” and has been seen out and about around the city.
Photographer Rachel Rowland told the publication she, bride Grace Gwaltney and her bridesmaids were leaving the Fairmont Pittsburgh on Saturday when Hanks decided to join the party.
“So we were all walking from the hotel to the limo, and out of nowhere, he pops up and just says, ‘My name is Tom Hanks! Can I take a photo with the bride?'” Rowland said. “We all started screaming and were pretty much in shock.”
She said Hanks posed for some photos with the bridal party and his wife Rita Wilson, who was with him, also jumped in some of the pics with them.
Ashley Glass and her 2-year-old son Charles got to meet Hanks as he was filming near their home. Hanks walked over to chat with them.
“I hurried up and got my phone. He came over and was talking to us,” Glass told the Post-Gazette. “I was starstruck. I didn’t even know what to say.”
She filmed the interaction and put it on Facebook.
Pittsburgh’s KDKA reported that Hanks also posed with employees of the Busy Beaver store when he was filming there.
™ & © 2022 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)