One dead following auto-pedestrian crash in Midvale
MIDVALE, Utah — Officials with the Unified Police Department say one person was killed in an auto-pedestrian crash Wednesday morning at 9:15.
The woman killed was identified as Patricia Ann Earl, age 33.
Sgt. Melody Cutler with Unified Police said the crash occurred near the intersection of 7500 South and State Street when a truck heading southbound on State Street hit a woman, identified as Earl, running across the road. The truck had just gone through a green light and the Earl was not in a crosswalk.
Cutler said witnesses yelled at Earl but she still went out into the road.
Southbound State Street lanes have been closed while investigators are on scene.
State Street is CLOSED in Midvale SB from 7500 to Center Street (7720 South): https://t.co/K3BgMDfnZF
— KSL Traffic Center (@KSLTraffic) March 23, 2022
A collision analysis reconstruction team is working to determine what happened. The truck driver was cooperative with law enforcement.
This is a developing story. It will be updated as new information becomes available.
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 8360)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 8027)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 6297)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 4692)