One dead following auto-pedestrian crash in Midvale
MIDVALE, Utah — Officials with the Unified Police Department say one person was killed in an auto-pedestrian crash Wednesday morning at 9:15.
The woman killed was identified as Patricia Ann Earl, age 33.
Sgt. Melody Cutler with Unified Police said the crash occurred near the intersection of 7500 South and State Street when a truck heading southbound on State Street hit a woman, identified as Earl, running across the road. The truck had just gone through a green light and the Earl was not in a crosswalk.
Cutler said witnesses yelled at Earl but she still went out into the road.
Southbound State Street lanes have been closed while investigators are on scene.
State Street is CLOSED in Midvale SB from 7500 to Center Street (7720 South): https://t.co/K3BgMDfnZF
— KSL Traffic Center (@KSLTraffic) March 23, 2022
A collision analysis reconstruction team is working to determine what happened. The truck driver was cooperative with law enforcement.
This is a developing story. It will be updated as new information becomes available.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)