One killed, two injured in rollover crash on I-15 in Davis County
WEST BOUNTIFUL, Utah — One woman was killed and two people were injured Monday after a single-vehicle rollover crash on Interstate 15.
Trooper J. Haywood with the Utah Highway Patrol said the crash occurred near the 500 South offramp in West Bountiful around 9:45 p.m. when a car lost control and rolled into a ditch on the side of the road.
Two people, a man and woman, were ejected from the car. Haywood said the woman was pronounced dead at the scene while the man was transported to an area hospital and is expected to survive.
Troopers believe neither was wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash.
A third person, a 13-year-old girl who was wearing a seat belt, remained in the car and suffered minor injuries. Officials said she was also transported to a local hospital.
The offramp was closed for approximately three hours Monday night.
The crash is under investigation and troopers said it is unknown if impairment played a factor in the crash.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)