‘The Flash’ star Ezra Miller arrested for harassment at karaoke bar
HONOLULU (AP) — An actor known for playing “The Flash” in “Justice League” films was arrested after an incident at a Hawaii karaoke bar, where police say Ezra Miller yelled obscenities, grabbed a mic from a singing woman and lunged at a man playing darts.
Miller took issue late Sunday with people singing the Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper ballad “Shallow” at a bar mostly frequented by locals in Hilo, a small town on the Big Island, Hawaii Police Assistant Chief Kenneth Quiocho said.
The song aggravated Miller, Quiocho said.
Miller, described by police as a 29-year-old visitor from Stamford, Vermont, has been the source of police calls in Hilo 10 times since March 7, Quiocho said, adding it’s not clear how long Miller has been on the island.
ezra miller on their way to ruin karaoke night pic.twitter.com/7w8Tu0IzRh
— jøsh (@_undeaad_) March 29, 2022
They were “manini” incidents — a Hawaii Pidgin term that can mean minor or small — such as filming people at a gas station, refusing to leave the sidewalk area of a restaurant and arguing with people, Quiocho said.
Miller was arrested at Margarita Village shortly after midnight Monday and charged with disorderly conduct and harassment. Miller was released after paying $500 bail.
Miller’s agent and lawyers didn’t immediately return messages seeking comment Tuesday.
Miller, who has been credited as the first out LGBT person to play a lead role in a major superhero film, has played hyper-verbal outcasts in movies big (“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them”) and small (“We Need to Talk About Kevin” and “The Perks of Being a Wallflower”).
Miller also has a key role in the upcoming “Harry Potter”-universe film “Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore.”
AP Journalist Ryan Pearson in Los Angeles contributed to this report.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)