Skippy issues peanut butter recall for nearly 10,000 cases
SALT LAKE CITY – Skippy Foods, LLC has recalled nearly 10,000 cases of peanut butter because they may include small pieces of stainless steel.
A news release from the company said the steel fragments came from a piece of manufacturing equipment.
Eighteen states are included in the recall but Utah is not one of them. Still, consumers were urged to look for the recalled jars in their pantry.
Skippy said the recall affects a limited number of jars of Skippy Reduced Fat Creamy Butter Spread, Skippy Reduced Fat Chunky Peanut Butter Spread, and Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter Blended With Plant Protein.
The jars have the UPC codes 37600-10520, 37600-10667, 37600-10499, and 37600-88095.
They also include the following code dates:
- SKIPPY® Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter, 40oz best if used by MAY0423 and best if used by MAY0523
- SKIPPY® Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter – Club, 2/40oz best if used by MAY0523
- SKIPPY® Reduced Fat Chunky Peanut Butter, 16.3oz best if used by MAY0623 and best if used by MAY0723
- SKIPPY® Creamy Peanut Butter Blended With Plant Protein, 14oz best if used by MAY1023
The release said is you have one of these jars to take it back to the store where you bought it. You can also call Skippy Foods Consumer Engagement at 1-866-475-4779 or visit the website at www.peanutbutter.com.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)