One killed in I-80 crash near Utah-Nevada border
WENDOVER, Utah — One person was killed in a crash that temporarily closed Interstate 80 in western Tooele County Monday night.
State troopers said dispatch received reports of a disabled, dark-colored passenger car about 5 miles from the Utah-Nevada border that was partially blocking a westbound lane. The caller said the car did not have any lights on.
Moments later, troopers said they received reports of a rollover semi-truck crash in the same area.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, troopers arrived on scene and found the semi had struck the passenger car and subsequently rolled off the interstate.
Troopers found the male driver of the passenger car outside the vehicle and began rendering aid, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Troopers did not report any injuries to the driver of the semi-truck.
Westbound I-80 was closed for several hours Monday night but all lanes had reopened by Tuesday morning.
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 8360)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 8027)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 6297)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 4692)