Woman in St. George home nearly hit by bullet fired nearby, police hunting for car
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A woman in her living room was nearly struck by a stray bullet after someone fired a gun from a nearby car Monday, according to St. George police.
The unidentified woman called police after she heard an explosion above her head while seated in her home on Rio Virgin Drive. She looked and found a hole in a wall approximately 3 feet from where she had been sitting.
Investigating officers from the St. George Police Department found the hole in the wall and confirmed it was caused by a bullet. Further investigation found the bullet in a kitchen cabinet door.
Police talked to witnesses who said the shots were fired from East Brigham Road, on the other side of the Virgin River from the home it struck.
Officers were able to locate shell casings in the area and after work from officers and detectives, residents provided video of a vehicle and shots being fired.
“The vehicle has a loud muffler, because of this, video is being released in an effort to locate the driver and/or owner of the vehicle,” police stated in a release.
No injuries were reported. Police ask that anyone with information about the vehicle to contact police at 435.627.4300.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)