Man dies after crashing into power pole in St. George
ST. GEORGE, Utah — One person has died after crashing into a power pole in St. George.
The incident happened at 3000 East Horseman Park Drive around 9:51 a.m. Friday.
“It was reported that a Hyundai passenger car had crashed into a power pole in the area and the driver was not conscious and not breathing,” read a press release from the St. George Police Department.
When officers arrived on scene, they noticed the vehicle was on fire.
They then removed an adult man, who was the only occupant in the car, from the driver seat and began life-saving measures. Unfortunately, police said the man died from his injuries a short time later.
“Several witnesses indicated that the vehicle had been traveling SB on 3000 East at an extremely high rate of speed before it swerved and struck the base of a power pole,” stated the release.
SGPD Investigations and Accident Reconstruction Team were then called out to the scene to conduct an investigation.
The victim’s identity has not been released.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)