Non-custodial father in custody after allegedly kidnapping child from Utah hospital
SALT LAKE CITY — A 34-year-old man has been taken into custody after police say he abducted his 23-month-old child at University Hospital.
The incident happened around 5:05 p.m. Monday when Ishjon Oquiran Hawkins allegedly took the child from its mother.
“Ishjon is the non-custodial father of the child,” a press release from the University of Utah Police Department states.
Police said officers were contacted after Hawkins fled the scene with the 23-month-old. At some point Monday evening, the father and child were located in Salt Lake City.
Hawkins was taken into custody by University Police detectives and the child was recovered safely, according to police.
The incident remains under investigation.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 15643)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 11669)
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 10835)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8469)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7504)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 7233)