One injured after truck crashes near SLC home
SALT LAKE CITY — Police say a driver suffered minor injuries after crashing near a Salt Lake City home Tuesday morning.
Officials said the pickup truck crashed into the yard of a home near 1250 East 1300 South.
No cause for the crash was released, and police said the driver was taken to a nearby hospital to be treated for minor injuries.
1300 South is closed between 1100 East and 1300 East while crews remove the truck and trailer, which had an excavator on it.
Police said there was no structural damage to either home.
Icy roads across the Wasatch Front
Emergency crews responded to more than 50 crashes Tuesday morning after a storm brought snow and slick road conditions to the Wasatch Front.
State troopers said drivers misjudged the clearer roads and were going too fast for conditions.
“With a late spring snowstorm like this, it reminds us of how we need to continue our good driving habits,” said Sgt. Cameron Roden with Utah Highway Patrol.
Some drivers failed to keep that in mind.
“We’ve had about 55-60 crashes handled so far this morning,” said Roden.
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)