Utah man allegedly threatens and shoots 13-year-old with realistic-looking BB gun
LEHI, Utah— A man from Lehi may be facing charges after allegedly threatening and shooting a 13-year-old with a realistic looking BB gun.
The man was identified as James Matthew Davis of Lehi.
According to court documents, the 13-year-old approached Davis because she believed he “possibly could have damaged her friend’s bike.”
Davis yelled some expletives and threatened to shoot the 13-year-old with what she believed was a gun.
She told police she ran “in a zig-zag motion as she was taught when she was a child to avoid being hit,” but despite her efforts, she was hit twice with small, round objects.
Police observed the welt on her thigh and other bruising on her leg “matching the size of what a BB would be.”
She described the gun as a dark grey with a silver tip and explained that when Davis pointed the gun at her she had “never run so fast in her life due to her believing it was a real handgun.”
The victim identified Davis as the suspect.
According to court documents, “James Davis is a restricted person, as well as on probation with adult probation and parole.”
Davis denied any involvement in the incident, but didn’t allow police to search his vehicle or apartment for a firearm resembling the one the victim described.
Finally, after speaking with a probation and parole agent , Davis consented to a search and a BB gun that matched the description of the victim was found inside a closet.
Davis may face the following charges: aggravated assault and possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)