Utah home destroyed in fire; family safe
Apr 13, 2022, 7:23 AM | Updated: Jun 29, 2022, 1:34 pm
(Weber Fire District)
HUNTSVILLE, Utah — Firefighters say members of a Huntsville family were safely evacuated after a fire started in the chimney of their home early Wednesday morning.
According to Weber Fire District Deputy Chief David Reed, crews from multiple departments were dispatched to the home, located near 7500 East and 200 South, around 12:30 a.m.
— Shara Park ✨ (@KSLSharaPark) April 13, 2022
When crews arrived, they saw the roof was fully engulfed and part of the roof had already collapsed into the structure.
All of the home’s occupants were safely evacuated as firefighters went defensive from the outside until they could contain it.
Reed said investigators estimated the home will be a complete loss with approximately $1 million in damages.
He also recommended that homeowners make sure their chimneys are properly cleaned to remove any buildup or debris that can contribute to these types of fires.
Crews from the Ogden and South Ogden fire departments, Weber County Sheriff’s Office responded to the fire. Reed said the family is staying with nearby relatives.