SLC police issue Amber Alert for 3 children believed to be in South Dakota
UPDATE: Police have canceled the Amber Alert after the three children were safely located in Salt Lake City after an eight-month investigation.
SLC police cancel April Amber Alert after 3 children found safe
Original story continue below.
SALT LAKE CITY — Authorities in Utah and South Dakota have coordinated to issue an Amber Alert for three missing at-risk children.
Police say the children are missing from Utah, but they have reason to believe they are already in the area of North Eagle Butte, South Dakota. Because of this, Utahns will not receive the usual alert on their mobile device.
SLCPD issued a press release Wednesday evening regarding the Amber Alert, saying the missing children incident is being investigated as a custodial abduction.
“Because the children were last seen in Salt Lake City, the SLCPD worked with the Utah Department of Public Safety to issue the Amber Alert in Utah so an Amber Alert could be simultaneously issued in South Dakota,” the press release said.
SLCPD identified the missing children as:
- 3-month-old Fermin Figueroa-Peralta (Male, brown hair, brown eyes)
- 6-year-old Francisco Martinez-Peralta (Male, 4-foot-3, brown hair, brown eyes)
- 8-year-old Kristian Martinez-Peralta (Female, 4-foot-5, brown hair, brown eyes)
Police say they the three children are believed to be with their mother, 27-year-old Conchita Leona Peralta and 33-year-old Fermin Figueroa-Luque.
The SLCPD say they began investigating Wednesday when they were contacted by the Utah Division of Child and Family Services.
Conchita Leona Peralta was directed by court order to surrender her children to DCFS custody, when she failed to do so, both agencies attempted to contact her and received no response, according to the press release.
SLCPD say Peralta may be in a black Dodge Challenger sedan with Utah plates No. G919NX.
Police asked anyone who sees Peralta or the children to call 911 immediately.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)