DUI suspect detained after highspeed chase in Juab County
JUAB COUNTY, Utah – Utah Highway Patrol detained a suspected DUI driver who was fleeing at high rates of speed on Interstate 15 Sunday afternoon.
A UHP sergeant noticed the driver in a Dodge Avenger driving 100 mph in an 80 mph zone in Juab County and attempted to perform a traffic stop. The vehicle fled, and another trooper joined the chase according to press statement from UHP.
The pursuit continued on I-15 as spikes were deployed twice but failed. A third set of spikes were successful, and the vehicle stopped on the freeway.
The vehicle driver then fled on foot with two officers chasing him. After a short foot pursuit, the suspect was placed in police custody.
Police said he was suspect of DUI and booked him into the Juab County Jail after being cleared from the hospital.
Police said the driver sprained his ankle in the foot chase, with one officer receiving a small cut on his hand.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)