Authorities identify three people killed in Millard County house fire
DELTA, Utah — Authorities have released the names of the three people who died in a house fire in Delta over the weekend.
The victims were identified Monday as 53-year-old Ronald Smith, 26-year-old Patty Warren and 76-year-old Michael Smith Sr.
“The cause of death is still under review by the Medical Examiner’s Office. The cause of the fire is still under investigation with the State Fire Marshal’s Office,” read a statement from the Millard County Sheriff’s Office.
The statement went on to say that two additional people and a pet dog that were inside the residence survived with only minor injuries.
Their identities have not been released at this time.
Millard County authorities say wind was a factor in this “intense fire.”
“The efforts of the Delta and Hinckley Fire Departments, as well those community members who assisted, are to be commended as the fire had the potential to harm surrounding residences and lives,” concluded the statement.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)