Salt Lake International Peace Gardens vandalized
SALT LAKE CITY –The Salt Lake City International Peace Gardens in Jordan Park was vandalized according to Salt Lake Public Lands.
According to a tweet, SLC Public Lands said the artwork within the popular botanical gardens was damaged in an “attempted theft” last week.
“This site is an important gathering place for our diverse communities in Salt Lake City and symbolizes democracy, world peace, arts, and cultural heritage. In the interest of protecting our shared public treasures, we will be temporarily removing a number of artworks to conduct repairs and evaluate options for better protecting their safety and security in the future.”
We are saddened to announce that artwork was damaged in an attempted theft at the International Peace Gardens last week. This site is an important gathering place for our diverse communities in SLC and symbolizes democracy, world peace, arts, and cultural heritage. (1/3) pic.twitter.com/xpXlSWhOSd
— SLC Public Lands (@SLCPublicLands) April 20, 2022
It was unclear what specifically needed to be repaired or what the future would be for artwork at the gardens. But SLC Public Lands encouraged the public to do their part in preventing damage and theft.
Anyone with information about who may have damaged or attempted to steal the artwork, please call SLC Police at 801-799-3000 and reference case number 22-39207.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)