US Highway 89 reopens after Logan Canyon rockslide
LOGAN, Utah — A rockslide forced crews to close part of U.S. Highway 89 in Logan Canyon Thursday morning.
Sgt. Cameron Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol said state troopers were on scene directing traffic while Utah Department of Transportation crews work to clear the slide.
Both lanes of U.S. 89 were closed at milepost 472 before one lane reopened just after 7 a.m.
No injuries were reported, and both lanes were cleared by 12:45 p.m.
Logan Canyon, US 89 has both lanes open for travel. Thank you for your patience.
— LCPD 9-1-1 Dispatch (@Logan_Cache_911) April 21, 2022
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)