US Highway 89 reopens after Logan Canyon rockslide
LOGAN, Utah — A rockslide forced crews to close part of U.S. Highway 89 in Logan Canyon Thursday morning.
Sgt. Cameron Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol said state troopers were on scene directing traffic while Utah Department of Transportation crews work to clear the slide.
Both lanes of U.S. 89 were closed at milepost 472 before one lane reopened just after 7 a.m.
No injuries were reported, and both lanes were cleared by 12:45 p.m.
Logan Canyon, US 89 has both lanes open for travel. Thank you for your patience.
— LCPD 9-1-1 Dispatch (@Logan_Cache_911) April 21, 2022
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)