Police investigating aggravated assault in SLC, asking for public’s help
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are asking for the public’s help after a woman was found bleeding on the ground in Salt Lake City.
Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department say the incident began at 7:32 a.m. Thursday when they were notified about a person bleeding heavily on the ground near 280 East Hampton Avenue.
“Paramedics located a woman on the ground with a critical injury resulting from a stabbing,” stated a press release from SLCPD.
The victim was transported to a hospital in critical condition, but police say doctors upgraded her condition to critical but stable before she was taken into emergency surgery.
Officers then set up a crime scene.
Police say there is no danger to the public at this time and their investigation is “still in the very early stages.”
“Detectives are requesting assistance from the public living in the area of 200 East Kelsey Avenue. Community members are asked to review surveillance video between 06:45 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. to see if they captured anything that may be relevant to this investigation,” stated the release.
Anyone with information on this case has been asked to call 801-799-3000 and reference case No. 22-72348.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 3683)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)