UHP trooper stops DUI driver who was 7.5 times over the legal limit
OGDEN, Utah — Troopers stopped several DUI drivers in Utah over the weekend, including one that was 7.5 times over the legal limit, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
UHP officials said Trooper A. was working in Weber County when he came across a vehicle failing to maintain its lane.
That car eventually went over the center median, where troopers say it remained stuck at an intersection.
Trooper A. was then able to get the impaired driver off the roadway.
“As a reminder, Utah is a .05 limit, many things happen to your judgment, reaction time, and visual functions from the moment you start drinking. Find a sober ride Utah!” read a Facebook post from the agency.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)