Delta man in custody after allegedly making bomb threat to Millard County Jail
DELTA, Utah — A man was arrested Wednesday after a search warrant was served at Delta Manor Apartments in relation to a bomb threat made to Millard County Jail on Sunday.
According to Millard County Sheriff’s Office, the 26-year-old was charged with “making a threat of terrorism, a second-degree felony.”
An explosive detection K9 units from the Utah Department of Public Safety and Unified Fire Authority responded to the a phone call that came into the jail saying a “bomb had been placed in the facility.”
No explosives were found.
When a search warrant was served on the house no explosives or explosive materials were found inside the apartment.
According to the release, “Investigators were able to zero in on a likely suspect after reportedly inspecting recent jail bookings and phone activity.”
No other information was available at this time.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)