UDOT projects may affect motorists in Davis, Salt Lake counties
SALT LAKE CITY — The highway construction season is ramping up this weekend with a couple of projects that will impact motorists. There’s a major closure on Bangerter Highway in Salt Lake County at state Route 201 and lane restrictions on Interstate 15 in Davis County.
As many as 60,000 cars drive on Bangerter Highway at S.R. 201 on an average weekday. But, Bangerter is closing there for the weekend, and that could impact some drivers headed for the airport.
“Bangerter is one of our most heavily-traveled roads on the western side of Salt Lake County,” said John Gleason with UDOT.
Many motorists on the west side of the valley use Bangerter to get to and from the airport.
Starting at 8 p.m. Friday, Bangerter Highway will close in both directions at SR-201 and stay closed through early Monday morning. All right turns from the interchange ramps will remain open, but all left turns will be closed.
“This is a popular route to take to get to Salt Lake International. So, if that’s the route they usually take, maybe consider using I-15 or I-215,” Gleason said.
The pavement on the bridge is in bad shape and needs to be repaired to extend the life of the bridge and give motorists a smoother ride.
In Davis County, northbound I-15 will be reduced to one lane for temporary paving and a traffic shift Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. That restriction starts south of Parrish Lane in Centerville and extends to the 200 West exit in Farmington.
“In the morning, we will open back up to full lanes during the day on Saturday, and close down to one lane again at night on Saturday night,” said UDOT West Davis Highway Project Director Rex Harris.
Crews are building the connection from I-15 to the West Davis Highway.
Lanes will close as early as 8 p.m. Friday. Only affecting northbound lanes this weekend. They will take care of the southbound lanes later.
“This year, we have 175 projects going on across the state. This is the time right now. It’s busy for crews, and people can expect to see those orange construction barrels,” Gleason said.
UDOT is asking everybody to slow down and put away distractions in the construction zones.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8296)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 5701)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4813)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3465)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3004)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2451)