Shots fired at police in Riverdale incident
RIVERDALE, Utah — Police say the female suspect who fired shots at officers through a window eventually took her own life.
Riverdale police said in a press release that no officers were injured in this incident, nor did any officers discharge their firearms.
A call came to police of a reported shots fired at a Riverdale residence Friday, according to the release.
“The complainant reported his wife had fired a gun inside the home,” the release from Riverdale Police PIO Assistant Chief Casey Warren said.
Warren said when police encountered the woman at the home, she retreated inside, firing multiple gunshots through a window at officers shortly after.
The Ogden Metro SWAT Team also responded to the scene and attempted to contact the female suspect without success, according to Warren.
When the SWAT team entered the home they found the woman deceased from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, police said.
The name of the deceased suspect has not been released as of Saturday morning.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)