Fugitive in homicide case arrested in Vernal
VERNAL, Utah –– Authorities say they have arrested a 21-year-old man in Utah in connection with a homicide in Grand Junction, Colorado.
The arrest happened Friday after Uintah County Sheriff’s Office said they received information that Stanley Lucero was in the Vernal area. Lucero had a $500,000 warrant for his arrest.
Members of the Utah and Colorado Violent Fugitive Apprehension Team (VFAST), along with Naples City Police, Vernal City Police, and the Uintah County Sheriff’s Office were able to track Lucero’s location, according to a press release from the sheriff’s office.
The release said Lucero was taken into custody without incident in a parking in Vernal and is being held in Uintah County Jail pending extradition to Utah.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)