Head-on crash on SR 201 sends one person to the hospital
MAGNA, Utah — One person was sent to the hospital after losing control on state Route 201, causing westbound traffic to close.
Westbound 201 is closed at 9200 W. for an injury accident. Crews are in the cleanup stage and should have the lanes open within the hour. pic.twitter.com/84xMURDKvD
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) May 1, 2022
Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Cameron Roden said this happened after 2 p.m. on S.R. 201 around 9200 West.
A driver in a Nissan was traveling eastbound on the 201 around 9200 West when they lost control and hydroplaned across the median.
They drove into westbound traffic and hit an SUV that had five people in the car, according to Roden.
The Nissan driver was taken to the hospital in critical condition, while the SUV occupants only had minor injuries.
Roden said that that road should open around 5:30 p.m.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)