Police have suspect in custody for a shooting and stabbing incident on Saturday night in West Valley
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – West Valley City Police have a woman in custody after allegedly shooting one victim and possibly stabbing another over the weekend.
According to the police statement, they responded to calls of a shooting and stabbing that happened on the block of 4400 Trinity Avenue on Saturday night around 9 p.m.
They found a 48-year-old man with a gunshot wound lying in the front of the house and a 32-year-old man with stab wounds in the kitchen.
Both were in critical conduction but are now stable at the hospital, according to police.
Police said they took the homeowner Terica Savas-Caldwell, 38, into custody for felony discharge of a firearm with serious bodily injury and along with other charges.
Caldwell was found on the scene, but she was “hysterical” and wasn’t cooperating with police Lt. Robert Brinton of West Valley City Police said.
Caldwell ended up fainting and was also taken to the hospital.
They are still investigating how this incident happened.
On April 30, 2022, West Valley City Police were dispatched to a report of a stabbing/shooting in the 4400 block of Trinity Avenue. Officers arrived and discovered a 48-year-old male with a gunshot wound lying in front of the residence. 🧵1/3 pic.twitter.com/NHza4Fz7kL
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) May 2, 2022
This was the second incident that West Valley City Police dealt with on Saturday, as they are looking for a suspect in a fatal shooting.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)