Death penalty sought against Lori Daybell
REXBURG, Idaho — The state of Idaho filed a notice to seek the death penalty against Lori Vallow Daybell Monday.
Lori Daybell is set to stand trial for the first-degree murder of her two children, J.J. Vallow and Tylee Ryan and conspiracy to commit murder against Tammy Daybell, Chad Daybell’s late wife.
Additionally, the court sought to continue Lori Daybell’s trial in October, to be on trial at the same time as Chad Daybell.
Court documents state, “Wherefore, the State respectfully requests this Court find good cause to continue the October trial date to the previously scheduled date of January 9, 2023, and prevent any attempt for an improper severance of properly joined Co-Defendants for trial.”
The state relied on the following factors as basis for the death penalty:
- The murder of J.J. Vallow, Tylee Ryan, and Tammy Daybell
- The fact that each of these murders was “especially heinous, atrocious or cruel, manifesting exceptional depravity”
- The murders and evidence surrounding them showed “the defendant exhibited utter disregard for human life.”
- The murders and actions of Lori Vallow “has exhibited a propensity to commit murder which will probably constitute a continuing threat to society.”
Lori Daybell will face the following charges: JJ Vallow — first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit destruction, conceal or alter evidence, Tylee Ryan — first-degree murder, conpiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit destruction, conceal or alter evidence, Tylee and JJ — solicitation, resisting and/or obstructing an officer, contempt, Tammy Daybell — conspiracy to commit murder, and grand theft.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)