Police identify 5-year-old victim of fatal Sandy auto-pedestrian crash
SANDY, Utah — Police have released the name of the 5-year-old girl who died Tuesday after she was struck by a USPS truck in Sandy.
She was identified Wednesday as Kate Peterson.
Follow-up to fatal auto-ped accident 5/3/22: The accident resulted in the death of 5 yr old Kate Peterson after being struck by a USPS truck driven by Steven Baldwin. Baldwin has been cooperative with the investigation. Our heart goes out to all involved with this tragic incident
— Sandy Police (@Sandy_Police) May 4, 2022
The crash happened at the corner of Woodchuck Way and Quail Run Drive around 10:45 a.m. Tuesday.
Officials with the Sandy Police Department said the U.S. Postal Service truck had just turned the corner off of Woodchuck Way in front of the girl’s home and struck the child who was in the roadway with her scooter.
The child died as a result of the crash.
Police identified the driver Wednesday as Steve Baldwin. Officers say he remained on scene and is cooperating with the investigation.
“Our heart goes out to all involved with this tragic incident,” read a tweet from Sandy police.
A GoFundMe* page has been set up to help the family with funeral costs.
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisors and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 14110)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13553)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8491)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7883)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7144)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5583)