Police identify bicyclist who died after colliding with semi in Spanish Fork
SPANISH FORK, Utah — Police have identified the bicyclist who died after he collided with a semi-truck in Spanish Fork as 49-year-old Jed Jorgensen, of Salem, Utah.
The fatal crash happened at Canyon Creek Parkway and U.S. Highway 6 around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
According to a press release from the Spanish Fork Police Department, witnesses said the semi was attempting to make a right-hand turn from 1000 North to go east on U.S. 6 when a bicyclist — who was in the crosswalk, traveling from north to south — ran into the rear tires and was knocked off.
He was then run over by the semi.
Police said the man was transported to Spanish Fork Hospital where he later died from his injuries.
The semi-truck driver, identified as a 63-year-old man, is cooperating with the investigation, according to police.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31424)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 20372)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6785)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6168)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5857)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4471)