Spring Up with Casey: Celebrating Cinco de Mayo
RIVERTON, Utah — Thursday is Cinco de Mayo, and Casey Scott celebrated at Salsa Leedos Mexican Grill in Riverton.
Cinco de Mayo commemorates Mexico’s unexpected victory over the French Empire in the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862 — not Mexico’s Independence Day — which is celebrated on Sept. 16.
The holiday has grown in popularity throughout the United States, evolving from small celebrations in California into a nationwide celebration of Mexican culture and heritage.
Events are also held in London, Australia, South Africa and Tokyo.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 15643)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 11669)
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 10835)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8469)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7504)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 7233)