Sen. Orrin Hatch to be honored with SLC funeral, procession to Cache Valley
On Friday, Utah honors Sen. Orrin Hatch with a funeral ceremony followed by a lengthy procession from Salt Lake City to Newton, Utah where he will be laid to rest.
The funeral will begin at 1:00 p.m. at the LDS Institute of Religion at 1780 South Campus Drive in Salt Lake City.
Following the service in Salt Lake City, Hatch will be laid to rest at the Newton Cemetery. The procession will head south on Foothill Blvd. to westbound I-80 before taking I-15 to Box Elder County.
A funeral service will be held this afternoon for the late Sen. Orrin Hatch at The @Ch_JesusChrist Institute of Religion in Salt Lake City.
— KSL 5 TV (@KSL5TV) May 6, 2022
From there, the procession will head east on state Routes 30 and 23 to the small Cache Valley town of Newton, where Hatch and his wife Elaine grew up.
We will have coverage of both the funeral and the procession on KSL TV and streaming in-app.
Cemetery arrival will be streamed in the KSL TV app and on the KSL TV Facebook page, but not on TV.
Graveside services are closed to the public as the family has requested privacy.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)