Man killed in Grand County BASE jumping accident
GRAND COUNTY, Utah — A man was pronounced dead after a BASE jumping accident on state Route 128 near mile marker one, according to police.
Both Directions SR 128 Closed
at MP 2 (3 miles east of Moab) Grand Co.
Use Alt Route
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) May 6, 2022
According to a release from the Grand County Sheriff’s Office, Grand County Dispatch received a call regarding a BASE jumping accident at approximately 6:01 a.m.
Grand County Sheriff’s Office deputies, search and rescue members along with emergency medical services responded.
Upon arrival, the man was found unresponsive and medical aid was administered. Despite these efforts, the individual was later pronounced deceased on scene.
The release states, “Due to the location of the incident the Department of Public Safety was requested to assist with moving the deceased individual.”
The man was later identified as Jesus Miguel Diaz, a 27-year-old from New Mexico.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 24105)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 8038)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 6318)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 5386)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 3473)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3334)