SWAT standoff ends with one man in custody
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Police have one man in custody after cutting another man with a large knife and barricading himself in an apartment.
According to Salt Lake City police, Dallan Bandy, 38, fought an unidentified 23-year-old man at the River Rock apartments on Sunday night.
Officers found Bandy in an apartment and asked him to come out, but he refused. SWAT crews were called in along with a search warrant for the apartment.
At 2:44 a.m., SWAT breached the apartment door and continued to ask Bandy to come out, but he still refused. An hour later, police got Bandy into custody without further issues.
The victim had minor slashes from the knife but didn’t need medical attention. Police didn’t report any injuries on Bandy.
Bandy and the victim do know each other, according to police. They are investigating what lead to this fight.
Bandy was booked for a charge of aggravated assault.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)