Crews find body of missing man in Utah County canyon
BREAKING: Search and rescue teams confirmed they have located the body of a missing 65-year-old motorcyclist who was reported missing Sunday night.
The motorcyclist was identified Monday as Blake Dean Baxter.
65 year old Blake Dean Baxter found dead after @UCSO_SAR, Mounted Posse, @UtahDPS and @UTNationalGuard helicopters searched Maple Canyon. Hypothermia and medical condition may be factors in this death. https://t.co/eLkDxvEd8s pic.twitter.com/sw1nG93pB0
— Utah County Sheriff (@UCSO) May 9, 2022
Officials with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office say hypothermia and a medical condition may be factors in his death.
Original story continues below.
MAPLETON, Utah — Search and rescue crews are looking for a 65-year-old motorcyclist after his bike and items were found in Maple Canyon in Utah County.
Sgt. Spencer Cannon with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office said the man last contacted his family around 8 p.m. Sunday after going out for a ride around 2 p.m.
Crews located the man’s bike and items in the canyon at an elevation of 8,200′ on Monday, but they have not located the man.
Cannon said near-whiteout conditions prevent air resources from responding to the search Sunday night.
Maple Canyon is located east of Mapleton.
@UTNationalGuard UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter and crew members on the scene working with @UCSO Search and Rescue and @UtahDPS searching for missing motorcyclist near Mapleton Canyon.#Alwaysthere pic.twitter.com/dnvuMvrOKx
— Utah National Guard (@UTNationalGuard) May 9, 2022
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 8768)
- Get Gephardt: Husband sued for deceased wife’s unpaid medical bill - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6320)
- Judge calls Orem mayor 'lynchpin' in fraud case, orders him and son to pay $1M (pageviews: 5012)
- NB I-15 reopens following crash, massive oil spill in Draper - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4958)
- NB I-15 closed in Draper following multi-car crash, oil spill (pageviews: 4861)
- Man arrested for breaking into Provo temple, claiming he was just cold, police say (pageviews: 4639)