Utah first lady presents Corner Canyon boys lacrosse team with service award
DRAPER, Utah — Utah first lady Abby Cox presented the Corner Canyon boys lacrosse team Tuesday with the first “Show Up Utah” award.
The boys were part of a program called “Sunday Supper,” where athletes from the University of Utah and Brigham Young University came together to serve dinner to foster families.
“These lacrosse players, they came and they helped serve these dinners,” Cox said. “These boys not only served, but they connected with the families as well, which I think was beautiful.”
So, before the boys took the field for the big game Tuesday night, she gave them a heartfelt thanks.
“And these kids are doing exactly that — they’re making a difference in their communities, but really, they’re an example to the entire state,” she said.
For more information on Show Up Utah, check out their website.
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)