US Army soldier dies after bear attack in Alaska
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A U.S. Army soldier died of injuries sustained in a bear attack Tuesday in Alaska.
The soldier was part of a small group in a training area west of the Anchorage Regional Landfill when the bear attacked.
The name of the soldier was being withheld pending next-of-kin notification.
The 673d Security Forces Squadron initially responded to the incident.
Alaska Wildlife Troopers were searching for the bear in the area, which is closed to the public for all recreation activity.
No other information was immediately available.
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 8360)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 8027)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 6297)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 4692)