Florida family asks for answers after father of four was murdered
JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA — Jared Bridegan, 33, was shot dead in Jacksonville Beach, Florida on Feb. 16.
Now his wife and family are asking the public for answers and they hope they may find some in Utah where the couple attended college and lived for a time.
According to NBC dateline, Bridegan was driving home to St. Augustine from Jacksonville Beach where he’d just dropped off his 9-year-old twins from a previous marriage, at their mother’s house.
With his 2-year-old in the backseat, Bridegan headed for home when he found a tire blocking the road. Police believe it’s possible Bridegan was shot when he stopped and got out to move the tire, and that the tire could have been placed there intentionally.
“He was immediately shot four times, close range, execution style,” Jared Bridegan’s brother, Adam Bridegan said. “And his daughter, his 2-year-old daughter, was in the car.”
According to police there’s a suspicious Ford F-150 that might be tied to the case.
There is currently a $55,000 reward being offered.
“We know there are individuals out there that know what happened, how the planning happened, how everything went down,” Adam Bridegan said. “We need those people to speak up.”
Anyone with information should call First Coast Crime Stoppers at 866-845-8477.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)