One shooter in custody from Taylorsville shooting
Taylorsville, Utah — A man is in custody after allegedly firing shots in the Wednesday night shooting that left two injured.
The man was identified as Francisco Estrada who according to court documents, “was initially believed and questioned as a witness.”
The shooting happened off of Atherton Drive and 4500 South at the Atherton Park Apartments after several callers reported “multiple males in their 20’s shooting at each other.”
Witnesses provided crucial information that led to the custody and interrogation of Francisco Estrada, who was found to be one of the shooters based on both witness statements and surveillance.
Estrada admitted to possessing a firearm while on court probation and shooting at the other outstanding suspect at least twice, which was verified by casings that matched the description Estrada gave of his gun.
Two calibers of casings were different and there were three types of calibers found at the scene. At least two casings were consistent with the make of Estrada’s gun.
Court documents state, “Witnesses observed Estrada and the other male victim (friends) provide their firearms to an unidentified party prior to officers’ arrival to the scene. Estrada claims that he did not know the person who he and his friend provided the firearms to.”
Estrada may face the following charges: two counts of discharge of a firearm in the direction of a person, a felony, possession of a firearm by a restricted person, and obstruction of justice.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)