Body found in Millard County confirmed to be missing Texas man
MILLARD COUNTY, Utah — Deputies with the Millard County Sheriff’s Office said a body located near the Notch Peak/Tule Valley area has been identified as that of a Texas man who was reported missing on April 19.
Jonathan Barrett Brantley, 21, was reported missing last month after his truck was found abandoned. Deputies said the truck appeared to have been abandoned for an unknown amount of time and Brantley left his cell phone in the vehicle.
Hikers located a body on April 29 near the area where Brantley’s truck was found, and county officials and search and rescue crews recovered the body.
The Utah Office of the Medical Examiner confirmed the body’s identity and deputies said the cause of death has not yet been determined.
“Our deepest condolences go out to Jonathan’s family and friends during this extremely difficult time,” the sheriff’s office said in a release. “We express gratitude to all who put forth efforts in the search for Jonathan, including those who spread news of his search via social media.”
Brantley was from Longview, Texas.
- Utah teen dies after becoming trapped underneath sand in Kanab (pageviews: 14172)
- Jerry Bruckheimer addresses Johnny Depp’s future with ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ franchise – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14014)
- Provo officer’s death recognized as line-of-duty from meth exposure 16 years later (pageviews: 6911)
- US reaches deal to reopen shuttered baby formula plant (pageviews: 5407)
- Big cross-border tunnel is found linking Tijuana to San Diego (pageviews: 4923)
- Pedestrian killed in Ogden crash (pageviews: 3920)