Pedestrian killed in Ogden crash
OGDEN, Utah — A man has died in an auto-pedestrian accident in Ogden overnight, according to local police.
The man was identified Monday evening as 36-year-old Tyler James Royster.
The Ogden Police Department responded to the crash about 10:30 p.m. Friday, according to a press release from the department.
Royster had been walking east across Washington Boulevard when a southbound vehicle struck him, the release said. He was reportedly not in in a crosswalk when the collision occurred.
Royster was transported to McKay Dee Hospital and declared deceased, police said.
Police say the driver remained on scene and has been cooperating with the investigation.
A GoFundMe for the man’s family can be found here.
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)