Man stabbed in West Jordan drove himself to hospital, one suspect in custody
WEST JORDAN, Utah – One man is in police custody after randomly stabbing another man in West Jordan on Saturday morning.
In the press release from West Jordan police, Jose F Moya JR, 41, stabbed a male victim in his car at 6700 South near Blue Flower Court around 8:45 AM.
Moya walked into the victim’s car, opened the door, and stabbed him multiple times. The victim was able to fight off the Moya and drove himself local hospital with serious injuries.
Moya’s family called police, noticing that he was bloody and worried about his mental state. Moya lived nearby the stabbing.
Police arrived and connected Moya to the stabbing and took him into custody.
The victim had several stab wounds to the chest and abdomen, while Moya only had minor hand cuts. Both were treated in the hospital, with the victim receiving surgery and stabilizing.
“We are fortunate that the victim in this case will survive this senseless attack,” Officer Samuel Winkler of the West Jordan Police Department said in the press release. “Mental health emergencies are of great concern to the community and for us in law enforcement and need immediate attention.”
The two men did not know each other, and West Jordan believe this was a random attack.
Moya was booked for aggravated assault, possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person, and obstruction of justice.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)