Reckless driving appears to be the cause in Saturday’s fatal crash
FARMINGTON, Utah – One motorcyclist passed away after hitting the back of a car on Interstate-15 Saturday night.
According to Utah Highway Patrol, the male motorcyclist was driving at high rates of speed and driving around other cars on I-15 near Farmington around 8:55 p.m.
Traffic was speeding up and slowing down frequently when the motorist hit the back of a car and was ejected from his motorcycle. Another car hit him while on the road.
First aid was provided, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Serious crash: NB I-15 is reduced down to one lane while Troopers investigate a fatal crash at mile marker 322 in Davis County. The right lane is the only lane open and the closure will remain until around midnight. pic.twitter.com/lXM19xOI1M
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) May 15, 2022
UHP is waiting to notify next of kin before releasing his name and other details. They do not know if the motorist was wearing a helmet.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)