Couple arrested for running over a man twice, during drug deal
MILLCREEK, Utah – A couple was arrested Sunday night after police said they ran over a man twice during a drug deal.
According to arresting documents, 18-year-olds Karson Rae Swenson and Brynn Leigh Lunn met the victim at 1714 E. 4500 South to sell him about $350 of marijuana.
Swenson asked to see the money before the victim could see the drugs. When the victim showed him the money, Swenson stole it, and Lunn started to drive away.
The victim held on to the car and was run over by it, according to witnesses.
Lunn made a U-turn and ran over the victim again while Swenson made gang signs and yelled slurs.
The victim was transported to a local hospital with a possible fractured pelvis.
During the police investigation, both suspects drove back to the parking lot and were identified by witnesses. They drove away but were shortly arrested in Taylorsville.
Both suspects admitted to police of meeting the victim to sell marijuana but accused the victim of trying to pay with fake money and ran him over because they were afraid of him.
Swenson and the victim are both in rival gangs, according to the documents.
Lunn and Swenson were booked for aggravated robbery while causing serious injury, aggravated assault resulting causing serious injury, and two counts of drug possession to distribute.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14388)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 5568)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5477)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 5250)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4962)
- Utah's Festival of Trees returns to an in-person event (pageviews: 3162)