Two juveniles and two adults accused of planned robbery in South Jordan
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah – Four suspects are in police custody for a planned robbery of a group and shot at them on May 10, according to police.
In the arresting documents, 19-year-old Clinton Randle, 20-year-old Marcus Tarr, and two other juveniles planned to rob the victims at a Starbuck parking lot at 11400 South 1589 W around 3 a.m.
The victims and Tarr drove in one car to the Starbucks to help a friend with a flat tire. When they arrived, Randle told the group that they had been robbed.
One of the suspects told Tarr to run, he exited the car and said he was going to the restroom.
The two juveniles then rushed the car with one pointing a gun at the driver, telling him to get out of the car, but the driver drove away.
The juvenile with the gun shot at the driver once, grazing his jacket while driving.
Police interviewed Randle and Tarr about the robbery, and they admitted to staging the robbery against the driver, according to police.
The four suspects wanted to steal money and marijuana from the driver, and they knew that a gun would be used. The driver also owed $50 to the unarmed juvenile.
Tarr was booked for criminal conspiracy, while Randle was booked for aggravated robbery. Police are not releasing the juveniles’ information.
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 17916)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16520)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8565)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7815)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6068)