Provo man in custody for threatening a school shooting and bombing, police say
PROVO, Utah — A man is in custody after threatening a school shooting and bombing at Timpanogos Elementary School Thursday police say.
Captain Brian Taylor of Provo Police Department said around 3:30 p.m. a man went into Timpanogos Elementary and left an anonymous note, threatening to conduct a school shooting and detonate a bomb.
The school contacted Provo Police who used the video surveillance system to identify the man who left the threat at the school.
Officers were able to ID the person and responded to his home in South Provo at the Boulder Apartments.
The man was identified as 46-year-old Robert Prina.
Prina barricaded himself in the apartment and threatened to detonate a device at which point all the tenants of the apartment building were evacuated.
SWAT units and crisis negotiators responded to the incident. Through the course of an hour and a half, a negotiator spoke with Prina and he agreed to come out of the apartment.
Prina was taken into custody without incident and booked into the Utah County Jail for assault on a peace officer, threats against a school, and threat of terrorism.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)