Court documents: Man charged in Davis County stabbings ‘had fun’ and would do it again
DAVIS COUNTY, Utah — A man accused of stabbing two women, including a Tinder match, told investigators he “had fun,” would do it again and had constructed a mask for “hunting people,” according to court documents.
Kane Fairbank, 18, was charged Thursday with two counts of aggravated attempted murder and single counts of aggravated kidnapping and obstructing justice.
On May 12, Davis County Sheriff’s deputies said Fairbank met up with an 18-year-old woman he’d met through Tinder at Mueller Park near Bountiful, lured the woman into his car and stabbed her multiple times, causing injuries to her hands, face and torso, before she was able to free herself and flee.
Investigators said as the woman ran, Fairbank chased after her and stabbed her once more in the back, before she was able to escape again and find help in the park.
From there, deputies said Fairbank took off, dropped his car at a gas station across town and stabbed a 64-year-old woman multiple times in the area of 550 North and 500 West before a witness detained him until officers could make an arrest.
Court documents revealed further details about Fairbank’s alleged plan and statements he made that prosecutors labeled as “concerning.”
According to the records, Fairbank was recorded on video in a holding cell saying to himself, “I should have picked a sharper knife” and “stabbing her in the back — that was such a nice noise — felt so good.”
Additionally, in an interview with investigators, the documents stated that Fairbank said he had planned to kill others as well, but delayed those plans until he killed the first victim, who was described as the “main plan.”
The documents also stated that Fairbank said he had constructed a mask for “hunting people,” that his plans for his victims included dismemberment had he killed them, and that he “had fun” and would want to do it again.
Fairbank was being held at the Davis County Jail and had an initial court appearance scheduled for Monday.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)