Murder suspect wished he’d used sharper knife in stabbings, court docs say
BOUNTIFUL, Utah — A man in custody after stabbing two women including a woman he’d met on Tinder made some chilling statements about the attacks to police, court documents show.
A pretrial motion includes details of 18-year-old Kane Fairbank’s statements to police after being detained.
Before being interviewed by police officers, Fairbank can be heard saying to himself, on video, “I should have picked a sharper knife” and “I should have sharpened it (the knife).”
The filing also shows he said “stabbing her in the back, that was such a nice noise, felt so good.”
Fairbank also made several concerning statements in his interview with officers shortly after. The pretrial motion summarizes those statements:
“The defendant stated that he had planned to kill other individuals as well, but decided to delay those killings until he had killed Victim #1; she was the “main plan.”
The defendant had constructed a mask and stated that he had made the mask for “hunting people.”
The defendant described his plans for Victim #1’s body and also Victim #2’s body if he had been successful in killing them. These plans including dismemberment.
When asked what would have happened if he had not been arrested, the defendant advised that he would have wanted to find more people to do the same thing. He said he had fun and would want to do it again.”
Fairbank is in custody and may face the following charges: two counts of attempted murder, two counts of obstruction of justice, and one count of aggravated kidnapping according to court documents.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 21408)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 14286)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6417)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 5704)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4791)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 3806)