Woman calls 911, throws ‘violent tantrum’ over McDonald’s order
POLK COUNTY, Fla. — On Friday evening, police arrested a woman after she “threw a violent tantrum” and enraged, walked behind the counter of a McDonald’s, throwing items.
The woman was identified as 22-year-old Tianis Jones of Lakeland, Florida.
According to a release from Polk County Sheriff’s Office the incident began on Friday around 5:34 p.m. at the Lakeland McDonald’s at 2606 US 92 East.
At first, Jones entered the business and began complaining to an employee. However, things quickly escalated and Jones hit a small plastic sign towards the employee and then several bottles.
Jones “walked behind the counter and threw cups on the floor and at the employees. A relative of Jones came into the store and tried to hold Jones back and calm her down.”
Despite being asked to leave multiple times, Jones remained in the restaurant and called 911 saying, “I’m five month(s) pregnant … these people don’t know how to run a [expletive] McDonald’s!”
Finally, a relative and another woman convinced Jones to leave.
The release states, “As Jones got to the exit, she turned toward the employees, lifted her shirt to expose her belly, then turned and began twerking at them.”
“I don’t know why this woman got as angry as she was, but as the saying goes, she’s a few fries short of a Happy Meal. Her actions were outrageous … especially for a place where small children often visit,” Sheriff Grady Judd said. “And she caused about one hundred dollars in damages since the items she threw on the floor can’t be used for customers. She better not complain about the food we serve her at the county jail.”
Jones was charged with burglary with assault, criminal mischief, disorderly conduct and misuse of 911.
The full encounter can be seen here.
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)