Investigation underway after man found dead in Bear Lake
BEAR LAKE STATE PARK, Utah — Authorities are investigating after a 31-year-old man was found dead in the water at Bear Lake.
Deputies with the Rich County Sheriff’s Office said a state park manager reported a vehicle had been left overnight in a day-use parking area.
Park employees added an individual had been out in the water around midday Sunday with scuba gear on.
RCSO Chief Deputy Jon Nichol called members of the missing man’s family, who all said they had not heard from him since Saturday.
A state park boat with side sonar was called out to try and locate the man, who was later identified as Kyle Dean Walker.
Shortly after arriving, deputies said they located Walker dead in about 5 feet of water.
Walker’s body was recovered by the Utah Department of Public Safety’s dive team and an investigation into his cause of death is now underway.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)