Investigation underway after man found dead in Bear Lake
BEAR LAKE STATE PARK, Utah — Authorities are investigating after a 31-year-old man was found dead in the water at Bear Lake.
Deputies with the Rich County Sheriff’s Office said a state park manager reported a vehicle had been left overnight in a day-use parking area.
Park employees added an individual had been out in the water around midday Sunday with scuba gear on.
RCSO Chief Deputy Jon Nichol called members of the missing man’s family, who all said they had not heard from him since Saturday.
A state park boat with side sonar was called out to try and locate the man, who was later identified as Kyle Dean Walker.
Shortly after arriving, deputies said they located Walker dead in about 5 feet of water.
Walker’s body was recovered by the Utah Department of Public Safety’s dive team and an investigation into his cause of death is now underway.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 21408)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 14286)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6417)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 5704)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4791)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 3806)