Three hospitalized in Parowan crash
PAROWAN, Utah — Three people are hospitalized following a crash when the vehicle crossed two southbound lanes and hit the overpass, ejecting the driver and passenger.
Sgt. Cameron Roden with UHP said the crash occurred at 8:09 a.m. A white 2015 Jeep Cherokee was traveling southbound on I-15 near milepost 78 when “for an unknown reason,” the vehicle ran off the roadway into the median.
The car then overcorrected and crossed both southbound lanes of travel, where it “impacted the overpass concrete embankment.”
According to Roden, the car traveled partially up the embankment, then ran off the southbound side of the concrete embankment and went airborne for 45 feet.
The car landed on the ground on the driver’s side and ejected the driver and the front seat passenger.
The rear passenger was able to get himself out.
Roden said impairment is being investigated as a possible contributor to the accident.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 8563)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3901)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 3445)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 2621)
- Alleged fraud committed by top leaders at Layton Christian Academy - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2604)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2477)