Motorcyclist dies after crashing into guardrail on SR-191
HELPER, Utah —A woman died Thursday after troopers say she struck a guardrail and was thrown from her motorcycle near Helper.
The incident happened near mile marker 258 on state Route 191 around 5 p.m.
Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said three motorcycles were traveling northbound on SR-191 when the rider of the first motorcycle failed to properly navigate a turn.
“This area of the canyon contains several S-turns,” stated a release Friday afternoon from UHP.
She struck a guardrail and was thrown off her bike and over the rail.
UHP officials said the Helper City Police Chief was first to arrive on scene. He immediately began life-saving measures, but the woman died from her injuries.
According to the release, the woman had a motorcycle learner permit and “did not have a lot of experience driving a motorcycle.”
Her identity has not been released.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)